The Orion HorseHead is not only a nebula in the Orion constellation, it’s a unique amp that is powered by 2 x 6V6 and 2 x EL-84 power tubes. The player can configure the output tube configuration in a myriad of ways. Run all four power tubes, run 1 x 6V6 and 1 x EL-84, run 2 x EL-84 or run just 1 x EL-84 power tube.
The HorseHead amplifier can produce classic Blackface, Tweed and British tones with ease. You can combine Blackface and British for a unique sound not available in any amp. The HorseHead has it's own unique sound pallet waiting for you to explore.
The HorseHead features a single-ended control, so the player can dial In and out 1 x 6V6 and 1 x EL-84 power tube or dial out 1 x EL-84 power tube when the 6V6 tubes are turned off via a switch on the back panel. If you like the sound of 1 ¼ x 6V6 and 1 ¼ x EL-84 power tubes, you can do that! If you like the sound of 1 ¾ EL-84 tube for one song and all four tubes for the next, a simple flip of a switch and turn of a knob gets you there.
The HorseHead offers endless tone possibilities ranging from crystal cleans to heavy gain to classic British blues tones. This amp has power scaling, giving the user the option of having the amplifiers full volume-high gain tone at any volume level the player desires. You can dial down the sound pressure without losing any of the harmonic balance and dynamic response of the amp sound when it’s cranked, making this an ideal amp for any playing situation. You have more guitar in your hands when you play this amp.
Orion pays as much attention to the power amp as most builders do with the pre-amp, making these amps incredibly versatile tone machines. Plus, the back panel features a single-ended control enabling the player to dial in and out one 6V6 and one EL-84 power tube for a spongey grit you won’t find in any other amp currently being made.
The HorseHead features an all-tube, three spring reverb with level and dwell controls. From light and splashy to rich and deep - welcome to the congregation reverb - can be dialed in.
The HorseHead is hand-wired on hand-built turret lug circuit boards. Classis Tone transformers, JJ Power amp and Preamp tubes, Orange Drop and SOZO capacitors, ceramic power tube sockets are standard in all Orion Amplifiers.
These amps feature a true studio quality FX loop standard with series/parallel operation, 0db /-20db quick flip level switch, send and return level controls and a true bypass that routes the signal completely around the loop. The FX loop can double as a pre-amp line out, a power amp for rack gear or as an extra gain stage by connecting a cord between the send and return jacks.
At first glance, the pre-amp front panel may seem intimidating with its array of tone shaping switches but at second glance it becomes very intuitive. The dual EQ Aphelion/Perihelion (Clean/Rock), Dual Bright, Dual Boost, Mid-Shift, Deep, Heavy and the inviting Diode Clipping switch, which adds fuzz and distortion to your signal, sounds amazing when the HorseHead is cranked and /or Power Scaled and are a welcome addition to the standard, tone stack controls.
The HorseHead features a switchable dual Boost with a Level Control that adds another dimension of controllable gain that pushes this amp into the Stratosphere. The Thrust control is a unique feature that controls the amps overall gain (think-adjustable pressure settings on your shower head) entering the power amp. Used in conjunction with the Boost Level Control, the player has complete control over the HorseHeads preamp gain. The HorseHead power amp features a unique After Burner Control which adds gain, body and resonance into the power amp for a thick and dynamic sonic push over the cliff of what you thought was possible in guitar amplifier. Add foot-switchable reverb and boost for total control over your audience. That’s the whole point, right? Right!
• 2 x 6V6 and 2 x EL-84 power tubes
• 2 x 12AX7 preamp tubes, 3 x 12AT7 preamp tubes
• Power Scaling, 40 watts to less than ¼ watt power output
• Classic Tone paper layer wound transformers
• Studio FX Loop featuring Send and Return Level Controls, Series/Parallel Operation, 0db/-20db signal level switch, True Bypass
• Single Ended Operation. Dial in and out 1 x 6V6 and 1 x EL-84 power tube or 1 xEL-84 power tube (when the 6V6 tubes are turned off) from 100% to 0% output
• Dual Boost (Light and Heavy) Quantum and Gravity labeled respectively with Level Control to set the boost level for guitar solos.
• Preamp features include: Dual Bright, Dual EQ Aphelion/Perihelion (Clean/Rock), Dual Boost (Quantum-Light/Gravity-Heavy), Mid-Shift, Heavy, Deep and Diode Clipping (Fuzz) switches.
• Power Amp features Thrust and After Burner (unique to Orion), Presence, Master Volume and Power Scaling controls
• Three Spring Reverb with Level and Dwell controls
• Dual Input Jacks, Hi 0db, Low -6db
• Footswitch controls Reverb and Boost
• Tube Rectifier
• Available in Head and 1x12 Combos
Head$2599.00, Combo$2899.00 Direct from Orion Amplifiers
Both available in any color combination. Combo includes one 12” Celestion Speaker.
Copyright 2019 Orion Amplifiers All Rights Reserved